King Milling Company Photos
 
First Page Previous Next Last Page All

Barrels were once used as the primary packaging for flour. King Milling owned a cooper factory shown here (circa 1890) in order to supply this packaging.
Wheat being delivered to the Superior Mill by horse drawn sleigh - circa 1905
Charlie and William Doyle Febuary 1910 In the 120 West Main St. Office
The Superior Mill sat on the west bank of the flat river, shown here circa 1941. In 1943 this wooden mill caught fire and burnt to the ground.
A new monolithic concrete mill was built and equipped with the latest milling machinery. The mill started operation in March of 1945 and had a capacity of 60,000 pounds of flour daily and storage capacity of 80,000 bushels of wheat. Only ten days after the new mill started operation William C. Doyle died of a heart attack.
When William C. Doyle died his interest in the King Milling Company passed to his 23 year old son, Naval Ensign King, and his 15 year old son , Mike. The Navy Department released King Doyle from active duty because of his father's death and he became president of the King Milling Company.
King and Mike called on the help of their father's friend, Milton Fuller (pictured here) who served as General Manager and Chairman of the Board until he retired in 1950.
Under the direction of King and Mike the company's flour milling capacity increased from 600 cwt per day to 5400 cwt of white flour and 5000 cwt whole wheat flour.
Grain storage was increased from 80,000 to 2,800,000 bushels.
 
Copyright DTN. All rights reserved. Disclaimer.
Powered By DTN